ABS-ESP/BAS Malfunction on a 2000 E430 4Matic

I own a 2000 E430 4Matic and the ABS and ESP/BAS malfunctiopn lamps came on and they wont go off. Any ideas what the problem and solutuin may be?

We had that happened to our E320... they changed out a sensor but error still there... Then they changed the battery and everything is okay again.
Start up the car... if error pops up, then turn engine off... and start it up again... if error does not come back... most likely the battery.

I had exactly this problem with my car,it was to do with the motor stumbling at start up.If you disconnect the battery for an hour the main computer resets itself to factory defaults.Whenyou reconnect the problem should disappear.Let me know how you get on --Roger
I had the same problem on my 03 E500. MB said it was a low battery. This was after my car had sat unused for a few days. It happened a second time under the same circumstances of sitting for a while. Never happens when I use the car regularly. Howard

http://www.AutoBoardz.com/ABS-ESP-BAS-Malfunction-2000-E430-4Matic-Mercedes-Benz-ftopict206111.html