ABS Light 1989 560 SEL

I need some help on this one. The ABS light comes on and off intermittently . I have cleaned the brakes and all the electrical connectors under the hood.
When the light comes on the motor will idle up to 1,500 RPM. Any help and suggestions will be appreciated.
I may be wrong but this does hint of an over-Voltage relay problem. The relay may be faulty or simply dirty, with the contacts oxidised so that current does not flow properly.
Remove the relay and check the contacts. It would be best to simply try a couple of bursts of switch cleaner between the contacts first to remove the oxidation. If this doesn't work then some very FINE abrasive paper between the contacts will work (for a while, anyway!) followed by bursts of cleaner to remove the abrasive residue.
These relays have been known to be subject to dry or cracked joints as well. Recheck all the solder connections, and reflow any that look poor or suspect (grey solder, round solder bubbles or evidence of cracking). You should also spray a little switch cleaner in the relay socket.
Note I use De-Oxit, the best switch cleaner with lubricant for all my switch cleaning work, and I would highly recommend it. It's made in the US.The lubricant does not normally cause a problem with relay contacts.
If this doesn't work, buy a new one!
Regards,
Al Bolton, G4VSQ 1990 Mercedes 500SE 128,000 miles http://www.reading-city.net/Vintage_Radios
Hope this helps