ABS light -- cold start problem

Last week had new rear brakes pads installed on 1987 300E. Since then, intermittent ABS light on dash. When ABS light is lit, car has a cold start problem that can only be overcome by leaving foot halfway down on accelerator pedal. Can these two things be related???? The car drives and stops fine otherwise even when the abs light is on.

Reply to
jtrips

People usually seem to reply 'OVP relay' to this type of question. So I thought I'd try it myself.

If the OVP relay (or the fuse on top of it) breaks you can expect intermittent problems like the one with the ABS. It's located behind the battery behind a plastic screen.

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

How old is your battery? What condition is it in? Batteries that are getting old and put under strain such as during the first startup/warmup can have low enough output to cause the ABS light to come on. A low battery can also cause an engine to run rough on startup, so the problem could be related.

Doug

Reply to
-