AC 87 190E2.3 ??

My wife's car air conditioner comes on fine when the car first starts out then it stops blowing cold air and blows warm air. Then after a while it will blow cold again and go to warm. The car was converted to R134 and
worked fine for 3 years. The ?service guy added freon but that didn't help. I'm guessing that there's some kind of in-dash cold air sensor that perhaps gets too much cold air and then tells the compressor to turn off or the sensor is defective, or maybe the pipe that directs has a flap that isn't working properly. I have no manual and wonder if someone can tell me where to find the sensor. If I'm off track what other things could it be and where do I look? tnx hank wd5jfr
Rule #1: Never, ever ad R12 (Freaon) to a system charged with 134A! The oils are not compatible and you will ruin your a/c system! Your compressor will die a painful death! The repair would involve new compressor, condensor, etc. P.