AC Causes 380sl To Stall

My 81 380sl frequently stalls out in traffic when the A/C is on. Otherwise the car runs fine and idles with the needle on the first line above 500 RPM. I cleaned out the idle control valve, but that
didn't cure the problem. So I was wiondering what I should try next.
Thanks
Tim Burns wrote:

Out of curiosity, are the RPMs at idle the same between being in neutral and being in drive?
--
- Michael J. Astrauskas