AC Causes 380sl To Stall

My 81 380sl frequently stalls out in traffic when the A/C is on. Otherwise the car runs fine and idles with the needle on the first line above 500 RPM. I cleaned out the idle control valve, but that didn't cure the problem. So I was wiondering what I should try next.

Thanks

Reply to
Tim Burns

Out of curiosity, are the RPMs at idle the same between being in neutral and being in drive?

Reply to
Michael J. Astrauskas