AC Compressor mineral oil capacity

Last I had had the AC system leak checked on my 1982 300 TDT, and there were slow leaks on just about every component in the system. The AC place I used to use in Vegas should have stopped right there,
but the kid working on the car went ahead and built one hose and charged the system. The line was badly built and blew in about two days. Oil spewed out of the system and sprayed around the engine compartment pretty good.
I have just ordered all the parts I need including condenser and hoses. I replaced the evaporator last year when I had the engine remanufactured, and the compressor and drier are only a couple of years old.
So when I get all the parts here I am going to remove the compressor and drain it and just about everything else will be new. I suspect there will be a small amount of oil in the lower, big hose that goes from the compressor around the front of the engine to the condenser and the evaporator, but I don't know how much.
Does anyone know how much oil should be put in the compressor when I refill it?
Or how much the entire system is supposed to hold? I am asking about the lubricating mineral oil, not the R-12 refrigerant.
Thanks.
A system on a '80 300SD, which uses a Delco R-4 compressor, has the following filling capacities for each component if it is replaced.
Adding oil when replacing components:
Condenser    50 cm3    1.7 fl oz Evaporator    70 cm3 2.4 fl oz Receiver/Dryer    50 cm3 1.7 fl oz A/C lines    50 cm3 1.7 fl oz
The (replacement) oil should be added to the component that's being replaced.
For comparison with your car the 300SD has a 1.2 kg 2.65 lb R-12 filling capacity and initial compressor oil fill of 170 cm3 - 5.75 fl oz.
If a 200g 7 fl oz R-12 refill is needed the manual suggests adding 30 cm3 1 fl oz of oil before the system is evacuated.
When installing a new compressor the instructions are to first drain all the oil from the new unit, and then drain the oil from the old unit and add that quantity (not the oil itself) to the new unit so the total system retains the same quantity of oil.
Hope this data helps you.
--

2008 T.G.Lambach. Publication in any form requires prior written
permission.
On May 7, 11:41 am, "-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote:

You should have a sticker... red or green on the metal brace above the headlight units. It will say how many oz of refrigerant or oil.