ac speed sensor

On a 1987 300SDL is there any way to by pass the speed sensor at the rear of the a/c compressor. Any help would be great Thanks JJ pink snipped-for-privacy@usa.net

Not that I know of. It is a A/C voltage generator. If I remember right, it has to put out .3V A/C current at idle and it climbs with RPM's. That A/C voltage goes to the Klima relay and closes a relay in it to engage the clutch.
It is a SAFETY feature: If the compressor seizes, the compressor stops turning, the compressor speed sensor goes to 0 volts, relay opens, clutch disengages instantly. And you continue driving.
Loose that SAFETY feature by bypassing it: Compressor seizes, compressor stops turning, clutch NEVER disengages, serpentine belt self-destructs, engine overheats from lack of water pump flow, you loose power steering at 70 or whatever speed you are drivung. Ever try steering a 126 body with no power steering???
Your choice.

Shouldn't be a problem until you get to slow speeds... Now braking on the other hand.........
I am still wondering if replacing these RPM sensors requires evacuation of the A/C system and removal of the compressor?
It would be fantastic to hear this is something that can be swapped in with everything else intact?
Marty