Accelerator Sticky

Just bought a 96 E320. The car is great and in pristine condition. However, the gas pedal seems to be a little sticky. Takes a bit of effort compared to my other cars to get it going. Is this just a Mercedes thing or is this something that can be adjusted/fixed?
Thanks!
RW
Mercedes tends to be harder to push on accelerator... which is a good thing so you can modulate the acceleration well.
If you are talking about accelerator stuch in certain position, then no, that is not normal. Most of time when this is happening, it is the floor mat that is tight against the pedal holding the pedal down... check around there with your fingers.
I believe that lubricating the throttle linkage is part of the standard maintenance routine (e.g every 15/30K miles). If there seems to be "stickiness" (inconsistent movement) vs. resistance then you should ensure that the throttle linkage has indeed been lubricated.
Josh
<DIV><FONT size=2>Just bought a 96 E320.&nbsp; The car is great and in pristine condition.&nbsp; However, the gas pedal seems to be a little sticky.&nbsp; Takes a bit of effort compared to my other cars to get it going.&nbsp; Is this just a Mercedes thing or is this something that can be adjusted/fixed?</FONT></DIV><FONT size=2> <DIV><BR>Thanks!</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>RW</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=