Access to Blower Motor 1990 560 SEC

As you can probably tell I'm really new to Mercedes Automobiles so this may sound like a stupid question.
Is there a trick to removing the carpeted kick panel under the dash for
access to the heater and equipment. I have removed the 4 phillips screws, as well as the plastic clip that must connect it to the carpet around the tranny tunnel. While this has made the piece loose and slightly moveable, it doesn't seem to release. Are there clips in behind that hold it ? I didn't want to force it and end up breaking something that is probably expensive, and hard to find.
As always, any help that you guys can offer is very much appreciated.
Virus Database (VPS): 0641-3, 10/12/2006

This jogged a memory of them clipping into the back (or more frontward towards the grille) with little retaining tabs. I just looked at one here and again if memory serves you pull the frontpart down pus the rear up and pull. Or something like that.
I was prety ham fisted with mine and didn't break it. They are available commonly and cheaply.