Accessing window and trunk control switches above the transmission 1999 c280

I spilled some coffee on the shifter console several days ago. Now the windows and trunk release won't work. The fuzes look fine. I understand that I should remove and clean or replace the electronics, which are
located under the window/trunk switches. How do you gain access to the electronics? Do you remove the console?
thanks EJ in NJ