Adding a Garmin to a 1984 MBZ 240D

Hello again Experts,

Many years ago just after I bought that MBZ I decided to dump the cigarette lighter and I wasn't sorry about that. Now, that old car is still running extremely well, and I am now trying to connect my Garmin to the empty cigarette lighter spot.

I was able to pull out the complete cigarette lighter and was surprised that I could see no electrical connection. Years ago I installed a radio just above that and I am not sure if I hid the lighter wire in the radio compartment.

I put the complete cigarette lighter back in its place and then I pushed the Garmin GTM26 down into it. I looked for a connection to test whether it was live but then I ran out of time. I can't even remember how I installed the radio. I guess I could still pull buttons until I get the radio out.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Loony