adjuster nut/tensioner of drivebelt 1902

I have a 1991 190e 2.3 and I'm trying to remove the drivebelt but having a damn hard time with the adjuster net to loosen the tension. Are there any tricks or is it just plan strength?

Thanks

George

Reply to
DemMan

On my 92 190E 2.6 there is a 19mm bolt that needs to loosened before you can do anything with the adjuster. I suspect the 4cyl version has a similar arrangement. Peter

Reply to
Peter W. Peternouschek

The adjuster is by the distributor... on the engine side... I think a

17mm... odd looking big long nut shape.
Reply to
Tiger

You also have to loosen the nut on the tensioner too... You are going have to take out the fan blade... real easy.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks all. All the tips helped me get it of.

BTW, I do have another questions. On my water pump, there is a small tube that fairly regularly drips water/coolant. Does this mean that the water pump must be replaced, or can this just be an easy repair.

Thanks!

Reply to
DemMan

If you are talking about rubber hose... then see if you can snip off about

1/2" and then tighten the clamp on the new section.

If you are talking about a drip from a weep hole bottom part of the 'snout" then you have to change the waterpump.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks..it's the "snout" part.

Reply to
DemMan

Yep, gotta change that waterpump.

Reply to
Tiger

Why does this part leak? Just wear? How?

Reply to
DemMan