Advice on removing door handle from ML door

I have a 2001 ML and need to take the front driver's side door handle off (to swap with an new door). Can anyone advise me on the procedure to remove the door handle? I have the trim off, but there is a lot so
stuff (eg; air bag) around there!
Cheers
Has anyone got a clue how to take the door handle off an ML? I am really struggling to see how to do it. :-(
Thanks
hissing_sid wrote:

Sid Im not 100% sure but it wont cost to look. The retaining torx drive screw for the handle is usually located by removing the door rubber round about where the handle is sited. That should reveal an access hole to remove the locking part of the handle,once this is undone and removed pull the handle to the left and away from the door and hopefully you will be a beakless Budgie and suceed. If youre swappin the door remove the multi plug in the door pillar before movin the side air bag. One kid at work didnt 1 time. it cost us a fortune but was as funny to see his face after it went off. Big Mart
"hissing_sid" wrote
> I have a 2001 ML and need to take the front driver's side door > handle > off (to swap with an new door). Can anyone advise me on the > procedure > to remove the door handle? I have the trim off, but there is a > lot so > stuff (eg; air bag) around there! > > Cheers
Sid I had a look at a 06 plate ML today. From what I can make out at first glance then retaining bolt is behind the small rubber gromit located on the door.{The bolt is at an angle, it may take some findin}You really shouldnt have to take the trim pad off to get to it. Best of luck. Mart
"hissing_sid" wrote