Advice Please

Hi Group,
I am looking to buy a used Mercedes, and am looking for a 1995 E300 diesel automatic. this model has been recomended to me by a friend. I would value the groups expertise and take on board their advice on this
or another model. Is there a turbo verson of this model? Thanking you in advance of a favourable reply.
Best Regards, mercmann
Budget? Location?
DAS
"mercmann" < snipped-for-privacy@bluebottle.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
Well, his IP address in the headers /looks/ like it's from the UK... The language cues are less certain.
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

Oh, I don't know. Couple of standard and/or cliched expressions:
"I am looking to..."
"Thanking you in advance of a favourable reply."
And what if he is in "darkest Suffolk?" He may be limited in the choice of cars available... :-)))
DAS
"ws" < snipped-for-privacy@b.c> wrote in message
news:43760ce4$0$1567$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com...
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

Location probably is Australia: Posting via bluebottle.com (which is an Australian provider).
Juergen
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

Location probably is Australia
Posting via bluebottle.com (which is an Australian provider).
And YES, on groups like this it is helpful to state in which country one is when asking such questions.
Juergen
Hi Folks, Sorry not to have mentioned that I live in the UK, but I fail to see the point in you knowing this in order to answer the questions I politely asked, and that everyone failed to comment on!
I don't wish to get into a slanging match here, but would like advice on the car in question, from those that have something constructive to say, thanks again
mercmann
Not all cars are available everywhere and a budget gives an idea of what might be feasible. The more information you provide the more constructive the advice and the less the sarky comments.
DAS
"mercmann" < snipped-for-privacy@bluebottle.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
mercmann wrote:

Ugly, but very comfortable. Well-built, but parts do seem to wear out. A/C especially. Also undercarriage (shocks, bushings, etc) plan to service unless already done recently. Don't know if there is a turbo version, but I assume so since there usually are.
Serviced well, you should be able to get 200K mi. out of one.
Good luck.
Jan
Actually I believe that there is a gap in years for diesel turbos from 1993 (last of the 300D 2.5 Turbos) until 1998 (introduction of the 300D Turbo).
FWIW, one of my neighbors has the '95 300D. He really likes his and while it's not the fastest thing out off of the line it runs quite nicely (although he just had to replace the heads because a previous mechanic had installed glow plugs without using anti-seize compound).
Josh

You might have a look at
http://www.mindspring.com/~houlihan/mb.htm
John M. '94 E320 (gasoline)