advice req: rear windows 87 300E

I have a request for some advice. I have an 87 300E whose rear windows will not go down. when you press the switch you can hear something try to happen
within the door, but of course, nothing happens. I'd like to fix this myself, as a local mechanic told me that it would probably be about $150 per door to fix. can someone give me some advice on removing the door panels, and what the problem might be? please reply to the newsgroup.
Thanks in Advance.
150 per door is cheap. Are you in San Diego? He can fix mine. KH

Most likely, the teeth on the window regulator are worn out and the regulator needs replacement. If the $150 includes the part I would definetely have the mechanic do it, if the part is not included (get used of course) do it yourself.
Also, the little plastic piece connecting the window control arm to the bottom of the window could be broken.
Sixteen years ago, MB assembled your car with grease in the window regulators that was the technology of the day. Almost every 1987 124 has the same problem in 2003. The fix is cheap. Remove the door panel, the pvc film, and lubricate the channels that the plastic "foot" travels within with ATF (automatic transmission fluid), and your windows will glide up and down as they should. Most MB dealers automatically tell customers that they need new regulators ($98 each). P.

Thanks for the advice! any recommendation on how to remove the door panels?

and how to unfreeze the motor? If it wont move now, it wont move with some atf on it. KH