air fan

My fan started making funny noises...the motor is quite loud as it goes from 1-4 on the dial setting, there are no leaves stuck...how can i get a look at the motor, ideas to get at it, i have part of the dash
off by the right vent and i can hear it there...but cant see it or touch it...
thanks.

Vehicle model would help a tad.

yes this question is not really possible to answer unless we know the year and model of your car. The fan is inside the black plastic case known as the heater box. It extends to the right in cars where the steering wheel is on the left, as in U.S. market vehicles. You will find it beneath the glove box. You have to remove the panel below, called the "kick panel." When you find the heater box, the fan is most likely held in by three screws that you get at from below the heater box.
How do you know there is nothing stuck if you haven't taken it out?