ALarm System unplug

I was told to unplug the alarm system on my wifes 94 E320 in order to stop doors from automaticaly locking and horn alarm going off. There are 2 plugs ,1 with @8 connectors and 1 with about 12. When both are unplugged car
will not start and I am worried that if I unplug just 1 and it's the wrong one, something atomic may happen. Any suggestions
TIA David