ALERT - Google is tracking our posting activity, both here and other venues.

Google, which I use daily for searches, has a Beta Usenet type site in which our posts here are compiled with our posts to other Usenet sites. So one can rather quickly see what someone is about, just by looking at
his or her Google assembled Usenet posting summary.
Posting to a Usenet site isn't a private activity but it's chilling to see how single pieces of public activity become a profile when they are so assembled - like having a snooping neighbor or coworker follow one's activities. However, in this instance, it's not just one snoop who follows one's activities but potentially anyone who uses the Internet!
See for yourselves.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.auto.mercedes/about
What do YOU think?
Tom
T.G. Lambach wrote:

That's just the old profile page, isn't it?

Why do you think I switched to using an alias years ago?
I've been on the 'net too long, there's too much info on me already...
Ximinez

It's not accurate and they've been doing this for years.
Wow! I can find postings of mine back to 1987. The Net has a long memory.

Translation: "Mum, all those postings about drugs by a guy with the same name as me was somebody else".
Richard Sexton wrote:

Won't work for me. As far as I can tell, I am the only human being with my name on the planet. It does make it tough to hide.
T.G. Lambach wrote:

Many millenia in the future, historians will point to the "McBrue" posts as the harbinger of the eventual monopoly of all auto production by the Toyota Corporation.
.