Algae in diesel

Any one know what potion to add to the fuel to get rid of this stuff? I'm changing the primary filter every few weeks.
Chris

Algae is introduced by water and can grow in diesel fuel.
Drain and clean the tank if the problem is bad.
If the car is prior to the common rail injection systems - say, pre '90 I'd add a couple of gallons of REGULAR (low octane) gasoline to about 1/2 tank of diesel. Yes gas. The motor will be somewhat depowered and clatter more than normal but the gas will kill the algae.
Alternatively, Biocides are sold for commercial use by various companies - do a Google on Biocides and you'll have those brands. Not cheap.
Either way, you're going to get some (more) practice changing filters.

I would read a second opinion about adding gas to a diesel, then make an informed choice:
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/mixing_gasoline_and_diesel.htm
This fellow didn't read my 1980 300SD Owner's manual which allows regular gas when the alternative is to push!

I personally do not know. The only experience I have is as a volunteer fireman when someone put gasoline in diesel tractor and it blew up. That however was 100% gasoline :(
That will do it!

All diesel engines are not the same. Some you can use ether as a quick start but you CAN NOT do this on a Mercedes diesel. But, Mercedes has said for years their engine can run on up to half gasoline in winter if need be, long term.
I'm guessing the tractor manual suggested avoiding gasoline.
This is a common problem on boats. Any marine chandler will supply you with a potion.
The best ones kill and break up the Algae so the residue passes through the system they also cause water to be absorbed into the Diesel so that the algae cannot grow in the first place. I use "Fuel Set", search the net for it,. there is a web site.
Do not leave your tank low or empty as condensation will form and you will get water in the fuel.
Alec