all weather tyres for SL500?

Hi,

I've got a 2002 SL500 with AMG 18 inch wheels, the front currently has a PZero 255/35 18 and the rear is PZERO 285/35 18. I know it's a long shot, but I wondered if anyone does an all weather tyre that would fit these wheels?

Thanks

Reply to
jogdial

Nokian WRG2 will fit your car but you need to buy all 4 tires the same size... However, your wheels are staggered that your rear wheel is too wide. If you replace them with the same width as front, you are good to go.

Reply to
Tiger

Why do the widths have to match? Would a Nokian sized to fit the wider rear wheel interfere in the wheel well?

JD

Reply to
GP

You cannot install skinnier tire on wider wheels. The problem with his size is not many makes it in that size for all season tires.

However, the only reason people wants that kind of setup is more traction and that is designed for three seasons only... not winter.

Sure, you can put all season tire on it... but it is like trading running sneaker for dress shoe. Wide tires makes extremely poor winter tire.

Reply to
Tiger