Alternator noise

Got that dreaded alternator bearing noise on my 1986 300E the other day.
Does anyone know what size bearings the alternator takes (or possibly what the part numbers are)? Any help would be appreciated.
Regards, Michael B.
the front bearing part number is 007 981 89 25. They aint cheap.
on the rear, there's 3 different versions, you'll have to show your engine number for me to choose the correct variant.
You may be better off just buying an exchange rebuilt alternator with a warranty.
| Got that dreaded alternator bearing noise on my 1986 300E the other day. | | Does anyone know what size bearings the alternator takes (or possibly what | the part numbers are)? Any help would be appreciated. | | Regards, | Michael B. | |
Thanks TPr!
The engine number is 103983 12 012210. I just may go with a rebuilt alternator, but wanted to check price and availability of the bearings first. Your help is appreciated.
Michael.

the rear;
N000625 436201

PS, im TPr on my other computer . . .

Autozone has the cheapeast at $141 for the 70A alternator with lifetime warranty... must order online.... which is what you have. You can install the 80A one on your car but no need for it... and you might have core charge problem if you do.
Another option is to send that alternator to your local alternator rebuilding shop... probably cost less than $100... but warranty is not there... 1 year.
Or try this shop... never used them...
http://www.starteralternator.com/