ALTERNATOR SHOT

Does anyone know a quick way to replace a w201 2.6 alternator? suddenly, Sunday, lights began to come on, battery and brake light first, then after I had road service jump start it, only SRS and ABS
lights stay aglow, which means I have neither, and am running 100% on the battery......and its 9 degrees outside. I heard its a half hour job, but it sure doesn't look like it, I see only 4 inches of wiggle room, and have decided it must come out from underneath. any tips greatly appreciated (including let someone else do it)..,........Rick
Hi! Have you checked or replaced the regulator on the alternator...if possible... sometimes it'ss just worn bushings on the regualtor Is it a BOSCH?
I know...not much room in a w201 with the 6 cylinders...wasn't designed for one anyways.. haven't done it on a 2.6. but you might have to get some things out of the way
alex btw...gasoline enignes will not last long just on a not charging battery...