ALTERNATOR SHOT

Does anyone know a quick way to replace a w201 2.6 alternator? suddenly, Sunday, lights began to come on, battery and brake light first, then after I had road service jump start it, only SRS and ABS lights stay aglow, which means I have neither, and am running 100% on the battery......and its 9 degrees outside. I heard its a half hour job, but it sure doesn't look like it, I see only 4 inches of wiggle room, and have decided it must come out from underneath. any tips greatly appreciated (including let someone else do it)..,........Rick

Reply to
r parris

Hi! Have you checked or replaced the regulator on the alternator...if possible... sometimes it'ss just worn bushings on the regualtor Is it a BOSCH?

I know...not much room in a w201 with the 6 cylinders...wasn't designed for one anyways.. haven't done it on a 2.6. but you might have to get some things out of the way

alex btw...gasoline enignes will not last long just on a not charging battery...

"r parris" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3114.bay.webtv.net...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich