Aluminum Wheels Look Like Steel

I bought a 1984 300D parts car that has aluminum wheels that look like the steel wheel that you see with hub caps.
Are they anything special?
Thanks

It is probably steel wheels as W123 only comes with steel wheel. You can install the W126 rims... the bundt cake style with no problem.
A magnet will not stick to them. So, not steel. They are stamped 123 400 13 02.

It's an alloy of nickel and another metal that I can't remember. Bought 2 used ones with 215/60/15 tires for my old 450SL. They come in two different wheel base depths
Are you thinking of nickel and chromium as in stainless steel?

quoted text -