am I the only one plagued with electrical problems on car?

2002 c320 sport wagon bought new. Now two years later with 30k miles on it. Been in dealership for over 30 visits.
Short list of problems thus far:
window auto close malfunction. Several bulbs blowing out. Air bag sensor malfunction - several times Voice recognition malfunctioning on and off for 2 years Seat / steering wheel / mirror memory problems 10 plus visits wood trim coming off 4 visits heater vent problems 3 visits gas guage malfunction cargo area cover unlatching. 2 visits hatchbag not latching seatbelt jamming 3 visits window trim leaking 2 visits hatchback trim leaking 2 visits doors rattling 3 visits dash rattling 5 visits (every time they "fix" it, the rattle "moves" to another spot) cup holder breaks 3 visits back seats not latching 2 visits ceiling panel loose in cargo area SOS malfunction on several occasions (they found nothing even after the dash read "see repair shop") replaced rear window washerfluid pump
Further infuriating this list is the fact that the dealership will fail to fix problems the first time. They don't seem to care that I am in the shop every 3-8 weeks.
This car is a joke!
I am unsure if this year sucked and if I should even consider another MB product next Feb when my lease is up. Are they all like this?
Considering I the car stickered for 48K with all the crap I have on it like cell phone, voice recognition, cold weather package etc... It ought to run a little better.. maybe it is time to get a ford?
Any thoughts?
Rich

on

the

fail

MB

This is hardly a short list. But these problems seem to be common in the late model sports versions.
If I were you, I would steer clear of models beyond '72 for gas, lending exception to the 6.9, R107 SL and 560 series sedans/coupes, and '76 for diesels (although the w123 and early w126 are okay).
Perhaps you will be interested in investing in a real (classic) Mercedes this time?
Let's see, a "Sport Wagon" - that's sure an oxymoron - loaded up with electronic gadgets - another bad automotive choice, especially in a non-Japanese car - add a critical owner and one has a sure recipe for a failed "ownership experience".
Owner surveys find M-B quality to be only "average" of all cars, not just high priced luxury cars, so where's the surprise here, especially when the quantity of technology is above average?
Not all M-Bs are like this one but remember, these are just cars, built on an assembly line, mostly by robots that are very accurate in their work but not judgmental as to the appearance of the outcome.
Not one mention of this car's driving quality, only its faults, mostly electronic, so be happy that you will be free of it next year and can buy a proper gadget laden Lexus whose fit and finish will be better and will include flawless electronics.
We put up with the second rate quality of M-B's "bleeding edge" electronics to drive a car that's superior on the road. That's the choice - and its cost.

Where are these "owner surveys" published? I would love to look at all the brands ratings before the next purchase.
Powers & Assoc. for one, also take a look at Consumer Reports for another.
Mercedes came almost last in this year's; just above Fiat & Alfa-Romeo. The C-class, M-class and A-class received awful ratings.
Glad I've got an '88 300TE
David

In all honesty I would look to deal with a different dealership. I had to move my dealings to overcome electrical problems.
I would also suggest writing to MB directly outlining clearly the sequence of events. You will be amazed how different the management is to the retailer. You can also CC the problem to Germany as they like to know about production problems.

Agreed. I have a 2002 C320 Sport Wagon (on a 39 mo lease) and have not had any real problems (cargo cover replaced when latching became unreliable). It has been to the dealer only for the "A" service.
However, I was not happy about the dealer's phone responses and I filed a complaint with MBUSA. They did follow up on it to my satisfaction. Find a better dealer and get it fixed right.
Kal
t, if any aftermarket or dealer installed stuff do you have on the car?
I just spent 6 months, on and offm mostly off, chasing down a nasty short in my 300SD that kept taking out fuse 15 (interior lights, antenna, trunk ligt in my 83).
It was a wire added by the PO for an 80's in car cel phone.
The MB wiring is pretty well thought out, uses decent wire and the factory schematics are pretty good. It's not like the Prince of Darkness had his hand in here.
http://www.mbz.org/info/fun/lucas /
--
OEM parts - Benz: http://parts.mbz.org BMW: http://buyeuroparts.com
snipped-for-privacy@vrx.news (Richard J. Sexton (At work)) wrote: