AMSOIL Filter

Would anyone be able to provide information as to whether or not there is an AMSOIL equivalent oil filter for a OM617 diesel engine (W123 300D)?
Also, is it now common practice to use AMSOIL during break-in of a
newly-rebuilt diesel engine? I read in an earlier thread, a post to the effect that some do use synthetic during the break-in perdiod-- something I've never done.
Many thanks!
| Would anyone be able to provide information as to whether or not there | is an AMSOIL equivalent oil filter for a OM617 diesel engine (W123 | 300D)? | | Also, is it now common practice to use AMSOIL during break-in of a | newly-rebuilt diesel engine? I read in an earlier thread, a post to | the effect that some do use synthetic during the break-in perdiod-- | something I've never done. | | Many thanks!
Randall:
AMSOIL has an online parts catalog to specify the correct oil filter for your Mercedes. I can't help you because both of your requests did not include a year model which is needed to populate that online catalog.
Please visit this URL: https://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo 90163&page=storefront/eao
From that web page, there is a link: "Find the Filter That Fits Your Vehicle"
After clicking on the Find Filter link, a catalog will open and allow you to choose the Year, Make, Model and Engine size.
AMSOIL may or may not have their own proprietary filter, but will usually have a recommendation for either an AMSOIL synthetic filter OR an oil filter from one of their partners.
You can rest assured that if no AMSOIL filter is listed, the recommendation is a quality filter designed to be used with the AMSOIL lubricants for maximum engine protection.
Please don't hesitate to email me directly for more information.
--
Steve Spence
Independent AMSOIL Dealer