another 300e problem

thanks for all that responded to the coolant leak problem i had with my 1990 300e...... as it turns out it was the water pump, which is being replaced as we
speak...........
the new problem is this................ after finding the coolant leak the car sat in my driveway for three weeks without moving..........when i took it to the garage it ran fine till it warmed up..then every time a stopped at a light or stop sign it would hesitate and buck when i took off.......... The car was extremly low on gas so i took it to my fathers house where i put some gas in it............ after about ten minutes i got it going with lots of hesitation................. anyway i left it there over night and picked it up in the morning.............it ran fine on the way to the garage until it reach operating temperature then the same thing when i pulled away from a stop..........other than the hesitaion it runs great................. wondering if it could be related to running it out of gas............ the car only has 170 well taken care of kms on it and ran like new before the water pump problem
any help would be appreciated
snipped-for-privacy@eastlink.ca
Hesitation problem can be traced to bad spark plug wires or the distributor cap and rotor... measure all the resistance of the wires before buying a new set... should alll be in the same range.. anywhere from 1000 to 1500 ohm.
Cap and rotor... check the date stamp on it... if over 10 years... change it.
Bucking on acceleration or hill climbing is due to insufficient fuel. The fuel filter is dirty, possibly also the pick-up screen inside the fuel tank.
On 2004-08-10 16:57:15 -0700, "T.G. Lambach"

I think what you mean to say is it COULD BE due to insufficient fuel...
Unless you are psychic or something in which case, please accept my apologies.
Marty
I've got a '90 300E as well, had a similar problem.
They did the plugs, wires, distributor, filters, etc.
Turned out to be the fuel distributor was gunked by water in fuel. The dealer re&re one from another car to confirm it was this part. If it is, this is very bad news ... cost me $4,400 for new distributor + labour. Hope it's minor in your case.
Ben
said:

apologies.
Thanks for all the help........The car only does this when it reaches operating temperature , before that it is fine................which makes me think it may not be a fuel problem........... Also this only happened the one time and that was on the way to the garage
the last car i had was a 190e......i remember when i picked it up one day after having the new camshaft installed and tune up..........it wouldn`t start...............finally we got it going after towing it down the street for about 3km.............then it ran rough for a few mins then fine.................I drove the car for another year and that never happened........ so maybe that will happen again for me this time