Another Electrical snafu 84 300D

My 84 300D has an intermittent problem with the blinkers and hazard lights i.e. they don't work sometimes. When this happens I can rocker the HAZ switch on and off several times and get the blinkers to operate again but the HAZ still wont work. When I do this, I can hear a quiet buzzer near the HAZ switch like a relay clicking on/off or something. Any tips on the circuitry here?

I need to get a service book...

Reply to
Diesel Dude

The flasher unit is under the shifter wood between the shifter and the ashtray. They have a very low failure rate.

The hazard switch, because of its location, has a VERY high failure rate. Replace the switch 1st. It should fix your problem.

Reply to
Karl

I also have an 84 300D. I've got a Chilton's repair manual I'm not using right now. I bought both the Haynes and the Chilton manuals at the same time, and don't really need the Chilton. If you want I could send it out to you for cheap. Its not as comprehensive on some things, but way more info on other things. Especially wiring diagrams. I could just send you a PDF of the wiring diagrams for this car. Let me know if you want them. Either through here or just email me.

Reply to
DougS