Another LPG drawback (Europe)

I was considering a duel fuel LPG conversion for my car, when I was asked by the garage if I travelled in europe. I said that I did, and they asked if I used the Eurotunnel. I answered again that I did, and
they then told me that LPG isn't allowed in the tunnel!
When I looked at the Eurotunnel website, I noticed to my horror that not only was it true that LPG isn't allowed... http://www.eurotunnel.com/ukcMain/ukcBoarding/ukpBoardCar ...more disturbingly the company had chosen to flaunt its wares on the public using an image of one of those disgusting little souless french cars!!
300Essie
It is allowed in the tunnel not in the shuttle. Ivan

On Tue, 18 May 2004 14:19:56 GMT, "Ivan Young" wrote:

So, I could take my car through the tunnel with an LPG conversion? How?
300 Essie
--
1992 Mercedes 300 SE [W126] 230,000 miles

I can just see you disconnecting the fuel tank before boarding, pushing the car on board, pushing off at other end....
Meanwhile, you walk through in the (middle) escape tunnel with the tank under your arm....
But you can have a small container with a valve, as you can see if you try to make a booking on the website. Really helpful in your case.
DAS

What's wrong with the 206? They're beautiful!
cp
On Wed, 19 May 2004 03:59:28 GMT, "cp" wrote:

Maybe as some sort of car-karma punishment for that comment I drove a 206 for a couple of hundred miles yesterday (a shiney new red one, ohhh). You are right, it really looks great. Unfortuanately I think Peugeot spent 90% of the budget on the exterior design before they realised they had to design an interior. It is cheap, nasty, plastic, uncomfortable, dated and noisy... very, very, very noisy. Did I mention that it is noisy? Like fighter plane in a death dive noisy!
So it may have been car-karma that made me drive one, but my worst fears about the experience weren't any match with the terrible experience that driving one of these 'beautiful' cars turned out to be. Please spare a moment for the poor sap sitting behind the wheel of the next one you see out there on the road, they may look like they are smiling, but I can assure you it is a grimace.
300Essie
--
1992 Mercedes 300 SE [W126] 230,000 miles

Interesting. I have driven the 205, 106 & 306 and ofund them quite comfortable. But newer does not mean better.
DAS
I stand corrected!!