Antenna - 94 C280 Sticks

Does anyone recommend a lubricant that would cure the sticky antenna problem with these things? I've tried oil, WD-40, spit, you name it! Although now that I think about it, I haven't tried vaseline...hmmmm!

TIA Mud

Reply to
Mud

If you aren't careful you can cause problems by putting sticky stuff on the antenna. Dust and grit particals stick to the antenna and this can cause a sandpaper effect when the antenna is raised and lowered!! I use one of those moist hand wipes (Wet Ones®) once a week to clean any muck off. I haven't ever had a problem getting it up (fnarr fnarr). Mike

Reply to
Just Mike

Thanks for the tip I will try that one! Getting it up is not the problem, it's getting it to go down that is (wouldn't that be nice in other areas of life;-)

Have a great day, Mud

Just Mike wrote:

Reply to
Mud

Reply to
Matt Birchall

"Mud" skrev i en meddelelse news:ckqth2$fc0$00$ snipped-for-privacy@news.t-online.com...

Your antenna might be a little bend. Mine was. I made it straight. It would ot go up/down and I lubricated it madly - no good. Then I figured it was bend ever so slightly. Fixed. Then lubrication with some grease on a rag which I then wipe of as much as possible. Maybe I will try just petrolium next time. Niels

Reply to
news.tele2.dk