Antenna - 94 C280 Sticks

Does anyone recommend a lubricant that would cure the sticky antenna problem with these things? I've tried oil, WD-40, spit, you name it! Although now that I think about it, I haven't tried vaseline...hmmmm!
TIA Mud
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:36:58 +0200, Mud wrote:

If you aren't careful you can cause problems by putting sticky stuff on the antenna. Dust and grit particals stick to the antenna and this can cause a sandpaper effect when the antenna is raised and lowered!! I use one of those moist hand wipes (Wet Ones®) once a week to clean any muck off. I haven't ever had a problem getting it up (fnarr fnarr). Mike
Add pictures here
✖
Thanks for the tip I will try that one! Getting it up is not the problem, it's getting it to go down that is (wouldn't that be nice in other areas of life;-)
Have a great day, Mud
Just Mike wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
WD-40 isn't a lubricant (it's a water proofer), spit isn't much good as a lubricant in this area as it'll encourage corrosion and won't actually lubricate as such It'll freeze too if it has the chance. A mixture of the things you have tried so far will produce an intersting mixture that will hinder more than help. PTFE/Teflon grease or spray may be better but clean and polish as far as you can before you add something new to your mixture.
Mud wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

Your antenna might be a little bend. Mine was. I made it straight. It would ot go up/down and I lubricated it madly - no good. Then I figured it was bend ever so slightly. Fixed. Then lubrication with some grease on a rag which I then wipe of as much as possible. Maybe I will try just petrolium next time. Niels
Add pictures here
✖