Anti-leak oil treatments

I'm still trying to identify the source of an oil leak on the front-lower portion of the engine in my 95 E320. When I was in the local auto parts store I noticed cans oil treatment that promised to stop leaks (i.e. Barr's
Oil Treatment). I'm not sure if these products are more of a problem than a cure (could they cause engine damage or increase the leak rather than possibly fix it?). Does anyone have any experience with these types of additives - positive or negative?
Thanks