Any Fix it tricks to Shut off the engine?

Hello all, Recently I posted here on assistance to get my 76 300D running. Well after a 24v start, it is working well, starts like it should, drives great, runs awesome!
Here is the problem, it likes to run so much it won't shut off, (without me opening the hood and using the stop lever.) I know these use vacuum to kill the fuel rack, where do I begin when I am troubleshooting this situation? Any quick pointers out there? Thanks in advance, Tim
The shut down device itself wears out and sometimes needs to be replaced BUT the problem is usually a vacuum leak somewhere in the car, typically in the vacuum powered door locks. Sometimes one can hear the vacuum leak's hissing.
Vacuum leaks are found using a vacuum pump and gauge by a process of elimination. Some owners buy a MityVac - I believe that's the spelling - to do this.