Any MB owners tried the M45 (Infiniti) ?

The price of the new E-class is well out of my range now, and I'm not interested in picking up a used E...I'm currently driving a 1997 E420, and looking for a replacement within the next year. I test drove the M45 and
enjoyed it, although it's certainly not built like my current E-class. They are giving about $10K off of list (selling poorly). Anyone else impressed by that 340 hp, 0-60 in 5.8 (Motor Trend), 60s-looking sedan? Just curious for thoughts. I know all about the new M35/M45 coming out in April, based off the Nissan Fuga. I'm only talking about this current 2003/2004 model.
Randy
P.S. -- I also drove the FX45, and what a blast that was! 0-60 in 6.3 seconds, faster than the ML55! I'm tempted to consider that, but it's selling well at its $50K price point, which I can't afford...
On 02 Mar 2004 17:51:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Randy S) wrote:

For the money it's a lot of car. I wish they would update the body. It's not as good looking as the Q45 or the G35.
What kind of price are you looking at ?
The M45 body will be all-new, on sale in March/April of 2005, based off the new Nissan Fuga (do a websearch for auto show photos). I like the new design, but the interior and headlights are a little too "Jetsons" for me (it will likely change on the production model). The greatest benefit on the new car(s) (there will be an M35 and a M45) will be the AWD option, and the larger interior. However, I'm sure the price will be closer to $50K with options. Right now, the dealer is offerring $8K off of MSRP a 2004 M45, flat-out. However, I know a guy whose car stickered at $46,700, and he only paid $36,700 plus tax. Infiniti is giving each dealer $7500 in incentives, so you could get the M45 for about $7000 under invoice and the dealer still gets a share...
Randy