Any MB's good in snow?

Merry Christmas one and all .... I find myself driving my 190E in snow lately and it is truly abyssmal .... I've added some salt sacks in the rear seat which does help, but still, our Cavalier drives circles around it. I
do notice that my 300E actually fares quite a bit better than the 190E. I'm thinking of a convertible, and am wondering how the CLK's are in snow ... or should I just settle for a Chrysler Sebring .... shudder, I drove one today and was not thrilled to say the least. What about the SLK? is it reasonable in snow?? Any advice much appreciated
cheers, guenter
All MB are good in snow as long you buy a set of snow tires to go with them. All season tires are like dress shoe... they are good for everything except snow.
Any front wheel drive vehicle can drive circles around MOST rear wheel drive vehicles in snow. You can improve performance by using snow tires, or studded snow tires (where it is allowed) and by adding weight in the trunk.
"Any front wheel drive vehicle can drive circles around MOST rear wheel
drive vehicles in snow. You can improve performance by using snow tires, or studded snow tires (where it is allowed) and by adding weight
in the trunk"
I agree!
Guenter Scholz wrote:

Two words: Winter Tyres.
--
Cocker Spaniel Pups for Sale - ready now - two black dogs left

I use studded winter tires on my SLK and for being a rear wheel drive i think it is excellent in the snow.
/Mattias
For certain, studded snowss are great if they are legal... I don't think there is anywhere in Canada where they are allowed to be used.
cheers

Many late Mercedes are equipped with ASR (Traction Control). If you get a new model with ESP (electronic stability program), ASP is included. If your car is equipped with automatic transmission and it is younger than 10 years, it should have a winter mode which reduces torque to avoid sliding during startup. The second important thing are the tires. Get yourself the best wintertires you can afford, which helps a lot. If you consider that, a SLK is quite a good choice because its steel top has advantages in the winter. It lasts longer than the canvas top of other convertibles.
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance