"cp" haute in die Tasten:

From what I've heard, the 300SD is much better than the 350SD, the bigger engine burns more fuel, runs less smooth and is less durable. In Germany

300 SD are more expensive than comparable cars with gas engine of the same vintage.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

The car's name fools people. The 1992 300SD DOES have the troublesome 3.5 engine. The engine, used from the '90 350SDL through the '95 S350, is to be avoided.

Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to
Bill Ditmire

You sure it's the same engine?

The engine cover looks different. :-)

Oh well, will have to scratch if off the list.

cp

Reply to
cp

hmmm but in Germany, does it have the same engine as the 350? (Bill Ditmire said it does)

Any opinions on the G diesel jeeps up to 1990?

Thanks, cp

Reply to
cp

I have the W140 chassis in my 99 S420. So far, so good. Why not consider a gasoline engine?

Reply to
REInvestments

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not interested in gas, besides the obvious reasons, there's something about diesels, especially the sound. :-)

cp

Reply to
cp

said it does)

AFAIK there is no 1992 300. The S 300TD came in 1996.

br, Øyvind

Reply to
Oyvind Syljuasen

I think Bill is right. 300SD and S350 Turbodiesel share the same 3.5 liter turbodiesel that was in use in S-class for the period of Okt. '91 to Aug. '96. After that it was replaced by the new 3.0 l 24-valves DOHC turbodiesel with 177 hp.

In 1990 was the last model change for G-class. If you go for a G built after Apr. 1990 it will be the current model (463), which IMHO is better than the old one.

Ditmire said it does)

Reply to
Dimi

hmmmm what engines ARE good for those years? should I look at a 124?

I'm looking at ones till 1989, can't import more recent, are there any engines I should stay away from with the G's?

cp

Reply to
cp

"cp" haute in die Tasten:

It may be of interest to know how important fuel consumption is for you. If this is no topic for you, I would suggest buying a G300E.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

Hi Frank, I'm only interested in diesel. I like drives to the arctic circle :-)

Are the diesels slow performers on the highway? Do they ride like bricks? Our neighbour has one, looks like it would ride like a brick, but then I wouldn't know. cp

Reply to
cp

Also, if you don't mind, you have any opinion on the '87-'89 MB 100 vans? (the little ones) are they reliable?

danke! cp

Reply to
cp

"cp" haute in die Tasten:

Is that an attempt to troll?

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

"cp" haute in die Tasten:

No.

Bitte

Reply to
Frank Kemper

"cp" wrote in news:DMU_b.66647$Hy3.62002@edtnps89:

Try a G500 D on for size!

Reply to
George Mann

Troll? What you talking about?

cp

Reply to
cp

A bit out of my budget! :-) (is that a new model?)

cp

Reply to
cp