Any tips for buing a used M-Class?

I am looking for a used M-Class and thought of the ML500. Are there any known problems I should have a look at?

Thank you very much for your help!

Reply to
Manfred Jantz

Have a Mercedes dealer check out the vehicle BEFORE you buy it... and buy extended warranty if you can... Any significant repairs will offset the expense on the extended warranty.

StarMark warranty is okay... and if you are AAA member... get their AAA Extended Warranty.

Reply to
Tiger

"Tiger" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:LJvwf.31$ snipped-for-privacy@fe12.lga...

Hi Tiger,

thank you very much for your answer! What you could not know is that I am not living in US but in Belgium. Here we don´t have too many assurances if you buy a used car... Now we ordered a ´01 ML 500 which came from Belgium to a german dealer and back to Belgium to us. It has about 84.000 kms and many extras. The price is

22.000 EUR.

I hope we´ve done it right.

Manfred

Reply to
Manfred Jantz

Ahh... I should have paid more attention to email address.... My advice is to simply drive it... don't fret on what might be wrong with it... otherwise, people will sense that and charge you a fortune for nothing.

Visual inspection is all there is. If the body looks right... all the door gaps are even... paint all same color... no repairs or weld marks... vin number matched on body panels if applicable... then you know car never been in accident...

Usual things to percept what kind of life that car had.

Reply to
Tiger