Anyone have a source for seat springs?

I have an 81 300TD, 123. None of my usual suppliers list front seat springs, and I have many broken. Too many to bother with the "tubing patch" I saw on a website. Thanks

Reply to
Stupendous Man

I can get you good used seats here in Fresno, Calif but shipping to BFE or Timbuktu may be expensive.....

Where are you??

Reply to
Karl

I am about 250 miles north of you, near Hathaway Pines, CA, and as luck would have it, I will be driving a motorhome through Fresno on the 25th of this month. Send me an email at arborigine (at) yahoo dotcom and I'll send you my main email and phone numbers

Thanks, Paul,

Reply to
Stupendous Man

I'd say keep calling, seat spring boxes are in worldwide inventory to say nothing of the ones lying around forgotten about.

Failing that a good used seat is your only option. They're not too expensive.

Richard Sexton

Try this place. I have an 82 TDT with 396,000 miles on it. I swapped the driver's seat for the passenger seat about 200,000 miles back and it's time for new springs and horsehair for the driver's side. I have priced a lot of dealers and on line places and this one has the best prices for our model.

My engine has severe blow by and won't start when slightly cool or colder. It's time for a rebuild. Do you think 400,000 miles (650,000 kilometers) is O.K. life for a 300 D engine?

Reply to
heav