Anyone test driven a MAYBACH?

Page 3 of 3
Jim Lyons <lyons432> wrote:

Speaking of Rolls, a few evenings ago, I saw a brand-new black Phantom driving quite aggressively down a major thoroughfare in my city. At a stoplight, I got close enough to get a better look. That car is HUGE. In pictures, it appears not to be outsized, but that's because it's bigger than a normal luxury car in *every* dimension. The beltline of the doors was nearly to the roofline of most other cars on the road.
From the back, it looked quite sporty, but from the front, it looked like a stodgy old Rolls.
Personally, no matter how powerful the engine, I don't think I'd be throwing around a brand new $350,000 car quite as aggressively as the driver of this particular Rolls was doing that evening--at least not on a crowded city street during the evening commute.
--Paul ** Note "removemunged" in email address and remove to reply. **
Having crossed the bridge and gotten over to the other side in Merry Olde Englande, I might suggest that a weekend could be spent just in London. And then maybe a few more days in London also. And then maybe a week or so in London. and then you could go upcountry a ways. Stoke on Trent area has some nice dishes for sale as I remember. And of course there are the other places in England where there is some history - like every 10 feet or so! Of course you have to realize that one reason it takes so long in London is that they name each street with several names, each lasting about one block. It might take you several days just to find Fleet Street, for example! And you have to be very carefull when asking directions of the natives - they tend to enjoy talking to Amerikans and it can take a while. Anyway, enjoy!
mcbrue amerikanly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420