anyone tried the iPod MBenz product yet?

i was wondering if anyone has had the factory iPod setup installed in their MB yet?
Since I am an iPod user I an interested in how it works. i am also very
interested if there is a way for this system to work with a 2004 E class (the MBUSA site says 2005 and later). The command unit in my car - 2004 is identical to the 2005 models...so why can't they install it?
is this anything to do with the supposed "digital" SOS telaid system that came with 2005 models?
just wondering?
Rich