Are there any plans for e-class or c-class 4matic in diesel form ??

Does anyone have any information whether Mercedes may one day make an e-class or c-class sedan (saloon) with a Diesel engine ??
I want to buy such a car but not in petrol form as I do care about the
running costs.
Does anyone know why they aren't currently producing one anyway as I'd have thought the combination of diesel and 4x4 in an e-class (or C) would be awesome ??
Thanks.
oooh...they make em...believe me...I drive'em :O)
just not for you guys....too bad...has to do with some former emission restriction.... others know more!

Can you tell me more ??
What are these models called, what size diesel engines do they have ??
sure... go to www.mercedes-benz.de
C-Class, limousine, wagon and coupe E200CDI E220CDI E270CDI (not for coupe) C30 AMG (C30SC AMG for coupe)
E-Class, limousine and wagon E200CDI (not for wagon) E220CDI E270CDI E320CDI E400CDI (not for wagon)
fun cars....torgue like hell

sorry....for the C its...
C-Class, limousine, wagon and coupe C200CDI C220CDI C270CDI (not for coupe) C30 AMG (C30SC AMG for coupe)
of course

Oh, no I did say "4matic" - as in 4 wheel drive......

I know...but i answered the obove question... :O)
but your're right...they should think about this combo
alex

Erm, you didn't.....