ATF and RED LINE MIXED

Four months ago, I had regular transmission fluid drained, and replaced with RED LINE synthetic, plus new filter. One month ago, I ran over something that caused a leak in the transmission cooler line, and car leaked allmost two quarts of fluid while parked, and quick trip driving. A lady friend had the fluid topped off at a full service station, and they put in two quarts of dextron two!...which has been driven on for at least one month. I have two cars, and am just now finding this out. How much damage if any, has been done? And how do I proceed from here? I plan on draining, and replacing all fluid and filter, after having cooler line repaired?.......................TIA.....Rick

Reply to
r parris

ATF and RED LINE MIXED Group: alt.auto.mercedes Date: Thu, Oct 23, 2003, 1:38pm From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (r=A0parris) Four months ago, I had regular transmission fluid drained, and replaced with RED LINE synthetic, plus new filter. =A0 One month ago, I ran over something that caused a leak in the transmission cooler line, and car leaked allmost two quarts of fluid while parked, and quick trip driving. =A0 A lady friend had the fluid topped off at a full service station, and they put in two quarts of dextron two!...which has been driven on for at least one month. =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 I have two cars, and am just now finding this out. =A0 How much damage if any, has been done? And how do I proceed from here? =A0 I plan on draining, and replacing all fluid and filter, after having cooler line repaired?.......................TIA.....Rick

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

just a trans service i would think is needed. check all the lines under the car front to back to make sure you didn't snag any thing else.

case

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
IF YOU CAN'T SWIM DON'T JUMP IN

[...]

Just have them flush out the torque converter and off you go. Is it slipping at all right now? If not, you are probably fine. KH

ATF and RED LINE MIXED

Group: alt.auto.mercedes Date: Thu, Oct 23, 2003, 1:38pm From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (r parris) Four months ago, I had regular transmission fluid drained, and replaced with RED LINE synthetic, plus new filter. One month ago, I ran over something that caused a leak in the transmission cooler line, and car leaked allmost two quarts of fluid while parked, and quick trip driving. A lady friend had the fluid topped off at a full service station, and they put in two quarts of dextron two!...which has been driven on for at least one month. I have two cars, and am just now finding this out. How much damage if any, has been done? And how do I proceed from here? I plan on draining, and replacing all fluid and filter, after having cooler line repaired?.......................TIA.....Rick

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

just a trans service i would think is needed. check all the lines under the car front to back to make sure you didn't snag any thing else.

case

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego