ATF fluid for 85 300SD Turbo

I just got this car and do not have an owners manual yet. My 81 SD manual says use ATF fluid. There is DEXTRON III avaliable at my local COSTCO store.
I presume in 1985 Dextron III did not exist. Is it compatible or do I need to look for the DEXRTON II product? Anybody out there know? Thanks for the help.
Dex III replaced Dex II. Use it!