ATF front linkage bushing 88 190e

Does anyone know of some trick to putting in a new bushing in the front of the auto transmission linkage? I crawled under there and it look like I would need a hand one inch wide and ultra small fingers to reach up there
and put it on. Do I have to remove the transmission to get this bushing on? Is there a special tool? I got the back bushing on after a struggle and now the linkage bangs against the drive shaft because of the loose linkage rod. Maybe I should just hold the rod to the side with a rubber band.
No special tool. I simply used long needle nose pliers to squish it in... and work it all the way around. I know it is kinda hard material but it is soft enough to allow you to squeeze it in.
OK. Getting the bushing in is not so hard if I could get to it. But I just can't figure how you get to it on the front part of the linkage. Do you have to remove the transmission?

No... You can remove that linkage... one bolt... It goes on one way too so you can't screw up.