ATF over full symptoms

Hi to the group.
Perhaps someone can tell us what the possible problems might be if the transmission is over filled. Jerky-ness and or leaks? My C280 is overfilled
due to a keen garage-assitant at our local filling station. Changes from 1st to 2nd or even 3rd and 4th gears are sometimes quite harsh/jerky. 185 000km on speedo.
Regards, Andr (South Africa)

transmission self destruction as foaming will occur if the oil level is too high, rectify it immediately. Tell the moron that over filled it to choose another job.
The reason transmission should not be overfilled is that the oil level rises to the spinning parts which then fling it about aerating the oil. So, what's bad about that? The transmission uses hydraulic pressure to clamp its clutches and bands etc.; air compresses and the hydraulic pressure can be compromised and so allow the clutches to slip during driving.
Correct level is found with transmission hot, engine at idle, car level and gear in Park. Level should be between the two marks on the dip stick and not above or below that range.
I suggest you do a trans service at this time... get rid of all old fluid... drain, refill, drive a while for 2 times before you drop the pan and replace filter... then refill to proper level and tranny problem should all disappear.