Attn: Tiger

Tiger, In another post you said how Mercedes will strip down and rebuild a W126 for $15,000. I couldn't tell if you were joking or not. I wasn't joking in
my response. Now I can't find the thread to see if you responded to my response. Do you remember if you did? Thanks, Richard
I wasn't joking because my friend's friend worked for Mercedes dealer for a long long time... I am not positive on the price... it is either $15,000 or $20,000.
Do you have any more info on this? I'm very intrigued. Richard

or
marlinspike wrote:

There is no such offer by MB. Period.

How about the refab plants in Germany and California that got written up in Road & Track. R&T seemed to say they exist but every Benz tech I've ever talked to looks at me like I'm nuts when I ask. Richard

for
$15,000
I'll ask my friend about this when I get a chance...