Audi A6 - outrageous

I sat in an Audi A6 last week - 3.0tdi quattro.

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.

Mercedes is absolute JUNK in comparision.

Sorry guys, the Mercedes HYPE must be over by now.

Reply to
A_Newsreader

"A_Newsreader" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

I had a MB Vaneo 2002 and NEVER another MB, NEVER. The car sucks. The quality is realy realy bad. I finaly get someone to buy it and now i am a very happy man, i lost 13.000USD (car price in Norway is very very high) but i dont care, i am HAPPY. Did you now that the Vaneo is realy a truck? All MB with names like Vaneo, Vito, etc. is not a car, but a truck like Actros etc.

/Per W.

Reply to
Per W.

The Audi is very striking except the new front grille seems oversized in proportion to the balance of the car. It serves a different purpose than my S-Class, so comparing marques really doesn't accomplish anything.

Between the new Chrysler 300 C, the updated Mercedes E, the new A6, and the new Cadillac CTS V, there are some very interesting automotive choices around this year for people of comfort to proceed with speed.

Reply to
Viper

I sell both the Audi and the Mercedes new. Trust me there is no comparison between the Audi A6 and the new E class. The E class wins easily, but this does not mean the Audi is bad.

Reply to
BS

Whatever torques your tuner..........Let the group know after driving one for 50k miles what you think... Unless the marque has greatly improved I would not touch one....some of my friends who bought the A4 are not impressed after having the car for a while. But however like my father used to say... "Jedem Narren gefaellt seine eigene Kappe" or "Every fool likes his own cap"

Reply to
Peter W. Peternouschek

Junk on grounds of? Details?

For what it's worth, about a couple of years ago I rented an Audi TT cabrio for a few days and drove for over 200 miles, mostly motorway. Very nice in its way but totally inappropriate for me to live with. Give me my CLK Cab any day!

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Maybe that's why Americans call this class of vehicle "truck"? :-)

So what did you buy instead?

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

"Dori A Schmetterling" skrev i melding news:40e7dce6$0$6447$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.dial.pipex.com...

Peugeot 806 2000mod.

/Per W.

Reply to
Per W.

Peter I agree, until I've driven either the A6 or the E class over a very long period, I can't really compare.

BUT ! I have owned many mercedes and will always prefer the older ones until MB get that magic back (if ever).

I love the e-class styling, but the interior is very poor in my opinion. Mercedes just don't seem to know how to design a sensible dashboard and the ergonomics are just all over the place.

In comparison, the A6's dash layout is just perfect - and I love the styling and quality of materials.

Though, the only people I've ever known to own Audi, have had reliability problems (like serious ones!).

Damnit !! Doesn't anyone make a decent car anymore !!!!!!!

Reply to
A_Newsreader

And you obviously know that this is based on the Peueot Expert truck, or medium van as these are known hereabouts.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Reply to