Auto 'box Learn Mode

I hear that it is possible for the humble owner to put the 'leccy 5-speed auto box into "Learn Mode" himself, rather than take it to the local dealer. I believe it involves putting it into certain gears, and playing with the ignition and S/W switches. Can anybody shed a bit more light on this? DD (1996 C180)

Reply to
Stratman

sort of ,but why do you wanna do this ???

brett..

Reply to
Brett

Because I didn't buy the car new, and would like it to 'know' my driving style, rather than the previous owner's. Besides, I just can't help fiddling with things! DD

Reply to
Stratman

I thought these boxes were "continuously" learning your driving habits. That is, they responded differently after a few miles of a different driving mode. If this is not so, I would also be very interested in getting the box to learn my driving style.

And I back you up: Fiddling with things -after reading the manual- is one of the best ways to learn and is the mark of a restless, curious mind.

WÇY

Reply to
WÇY