Auto 'box Learn Mode

I hear that it is possible for the humble owner to put the 'leccy 5-speed auto box into "Learn Mode" himself, rather than take it to the local dealer.
I believe it involves putting it into certain gears, and playing with the ignition and S/W switches. Can anybody shed a bit more light on this? DD (1996 C180)
sort of ,but why do you wanna do this ???
brett..

style, rather than the previous owner's. Besides, I just can't help fiddling with things! DD
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:12:02 +0100, "Stratman"

habits. That is, they responded differently after a few miles of a different driving mode. If this is not so, I would also be very interested in getting the box to learn my driving style.
And I back you up: Fiddling with things -after reading the manual- is one of the best ways to learn and is the mark of a restless, curious mind.
WY