Automatic gear & electric seats

What is the function of W/S button on the automatic gear transmission?

How to use the electric seat, the 1, 2, 3 & green button?

Thanks

Reply to
help2891

W/S = winter/summer setting.

W is gentler, starts in 2nd S is also sporty. Slightly different reaction to your foot on the pedal.

I take it you don't have the manual.

No dealer in your vicinity for other query, though I am sure somebody here will know?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

The electric seat buttons 1/2/3+green are for the memory function. To store a seat position, press green, then press one of the number buttons to store in memory slot 1/2/3 respectively. To recall a stored position, just press the button (1,2 or 3) and keep depressed until the seat has reached its position.

On my S500 the memory also stores the position of the steering wheel and the mirrors - I assume that goes for other models as well.

Guido

Reply to
Guido

DAS

thanks for the clarification. You are right, I dont have a manual. I surf the net look for the user manual, instead I end up with this useful forum.

In my country there is only one season -hot. Do I put at S all the time?

Can you explain what do you mean by "W is gentler starts in 2nd?" Do you mean if we set at W, the gear transmission will go straight to 2nd gear??

Reply to
help2891

I believe W is "Winter" for roads with poor traction (wet, leaves, snow etc.) . Starting in second would decrease the power at the wheels and minimise risk of wheel spin.

Reply to
David

Yes, in W the transmission will start in 2nd gear and will shift up quicker.

Guido

Reply to
Guido

Yes. Also, W setting means gentler driving all round so should be more economical. Up to you as to how you leave the setting.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Dial "W" for "wet".

Reply to