automatic speed dependent radio volume (SLK 230)

Hi, can anyone give me information on how the automatic "speed" dependent volume adjustment of the radio should be set in a SLK 230. The dealer is kind of
clueless. What is the range it can be set to? Initially it was at 1dB and did not do anything, now I have it on 9 dB and it is much better, but still not perfect. I would appreciate any personal experience or the correct factory setting, as it is rather frustrating going back and forth to the dealer to have various settings programmed in until I have it in working order. Thank you, Ulrich
Remove NOSPAM from e-mail address to respond by e-mail!
Through the diagnostic hookup. The dealer can do that...