Auxillary fans

Hi,
My A/C compressor has not worked for about a year and I do not want to replace it. Does this mean that my auxillary fans will not come on? I ask
this as the car starts to go above 100 when idling in traffic and then the temp goes down when I am out of traffic (1994 E320 Coupe).
TIA
Duncan
Aux fan will come on when temp reach I believe 105 degree regardless of AC work or not.
How come your AC doesn't work? Recharge the system and see what is the problem...

In my car (1986 190e 2.3) thermostat for the fan is 110 degrees. So what you are seeing as far as temperature seems normal. As long as it does go down when it reaches a little over 100?