Axle Half-Shaft Replacment 380SEL

I need to replace my axle half-shafts in an '83 380SEL. The local auto parts store had re-built axle shafts on sale for $99 which was better that I was expecting. What is the step by step on this? Will I need any special tools like a C-clip pliers for very large wrench?

TIA Kent.

Reply to
Kent_Diego

Just unbolt it at each end and reverse procedure. About as easy as it gets. Be sure to use some locktite on the bolts when you go back together. I forgot to do it once and a couple of the allen machine bolts worked loose.

Reply to
Ernie Sparks